Thursday, May 22, 2008

B is for......

Bite! Yesterday I told you all that I had to go to a Podiatrist. Well he told me that I had to start taking care of my feet more so I had to have orthotics made for my feet. The doctor said that I could either wear the orthotics in my shoes to prevent from future surgery that much be done or do nothing and wait until it is time to do surgery. Picking the first option these orthotics will just prevent my feet from requiring any surgery. These orthotics are going to be inserts that I put in my shoes from now on. The only bad thing is that I can't put them into just any shoe. They have to be put into certain shoes that honestly aren't THAT pretty and stylish but I think I can manage. Bite is a brand name of some shoes that I found that satisfy my stylish need and my orthotic need. It isn't the only pair that I want to get but they are a possibility. I am going to be selling lots of my shoes because I can't wear them anymore and just going to buy maybe 3 pairs that will work with my orthotics that I can wear every day. Its not the best news that I could have gotten but at least I can prevent surgery. The orthotics won't cure the shape of my foot but it will help stop the progression of this 'deformity', is how the doctor states it . So my word for B is Bite because that will probably be one of my favorite brands of shoes for the rest of my life. :) It won't be too bad but at least it isn't worse.

Here is a picture of some options of shoes that I can wear. All of which have a removable insole so the orthotics will fit inside them. The Pink ones are the shoes by the brand Bite

















No comments: