Thursday, June 5, 2008

E & F is for.....

Everlasting friendships....

I know its cheesy and its an adjective but today my mom and I are traveling to the good old Lariat Creek! it's that time again....it's beginner session! YAY! I have been in charge of the crafts for a few years now and I pretty much just love it! and lariat creek always reminds me of friendships. Last night I talked to one of my best friends in the whole world, Lauren! We basically grew up together in Alva and she is going to counsel with me this weekend! I'm thrilled! It might be only a weekend but let me just say that we are going to have a HUGE beginner session! Michael said that we already have like 40 kids and thats not including all those walk-ins that just show up on the day! lol! hopefully for my craft we wont go over 52 too much...because that is all the crafts I have. I will have to make more if the numbers start to add up to much! haha! also, in regards to everlasting friendships, i know that mel sure did find one down there because yep...she married him! haha! and obviously by her last post...it was the right decision! And also, Micheal found one of his best friends out there too! He passed away last August which I know was really hard on him. It was very sad to see Matt go but he is in a better place and i know that he's just watching over all of us now. This past weekend Michael went out to camp and spread his ashes out there. So that was nice. But like I said....Lariat Creek can give you everlasting friendships. It's pretty amazing how great some of the people you meet out there are.

So I am pretty stoked about going out to the camp! I went there over the work day but other than that I probably haven't been there in about a year. I really miss it sometimes. Back in the day when church camp was all that mattered! Oh I loved those days! But everyone has to grow up one day! Michael I guess never has to grow up because he is still the director at one! Maybe one day I can be a 'permanent counselor' at one of the longer sessions. haha do they have those? i really don't know. I pretty much am a permanent counselor at beginner session! haha! I love it! I decided that I'm going to do that session every year until my nieces are that old. then after they graduate to go to Junior session I am going to quit beginner. Hopefully I will have put in enough years since it has to be about 10 more! Yikes! lol! That sounds like alot, but at the rate both my adorable nieces are growing it will almost happen tomorrow! :)

Well, I think thats about it...I am almost off work and then I have to work out and get on the road! AHHH I haven't even packed yet! haha! But I will be ok! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I will update when I get home from camp!

Love you all!

"When God gave you to me he never said that you were mine, that I could keep you always--only borrowed for a time. Now, He's called you home, I'm sad and I shed tears. Yet, I'm glad He loaned you to me and we had these many years."
-Edna Burch

No comments: