Saturday, August 28, 2010

X is for...

X-ray...

So last night, I mowed the lawn for the first time completely by myself and let me just say it is hard work!!! I almost had a heat stroke it was so difficult!!! But let me also just let you know that my yard is HUGE!!!! I mean ginormous!! It took me about an hour and a half to finish it all and it was super hot outside too!! It was actually only in the 80's but still that is really hot...I honestly don't understand how some people do this for a living! I definitely have a new found respect for all Lawn care professionals out there!

Besides that, Briawna and I have been watching some new movies lately and surprisingly they were really good...almost made me cry at at least 3 of them!

First, we watched "When In Rome"...a classic romantic comedy with Josh Duhamel and Kristin Bell! I really liked it, it was a good story line but honestly I think it could have been played out a little more intellectually and not completely about dumb blonde moments.

Second, we watched "The Sixth Sense"...now I understand that everyone has already seen this movie because it is completely a classic but I had never seen it until Friday night! This movie is quite phenomenal! I can't tell you how much it moved me!

Third, we watched "Remember Me"...I will be completely honest, when I first red-boxed this movie, it was because Robert Pattinson was the actor, but it really touched me. I had no idea that it had anything to do with 9/11...I must have missed that part of the previews but it was really moving and I almost came to tears...

And finally tonight, we watched "Letters to God"...the movie is actually still going on but I can already tell that it is going to be a tear-jerk. A young boys relationship with God really inspires me in more ways then one. When I first saw, "Fireproof" I was touched and wanted that kind of a relationship but sadly I was not dating or married to anyone so I could not entirely relate to the movie. But in Letters to God, the little boy has cancer. I mean he has a disease and so do I. I know that there is not even a close comparison between cancer and Wilson's disease but I guess it cuts me pretty deep sometimes when I read articles that say words like "fatal" and "lifelong" it just scares me.

But anyway, I just love movies that truly move me, so if anyone was wondering what movies to rent this next week, "The Sixth Sense", "Remember Me", and "Letters to God" are my recommendations!

"Anyone can walk up to someone and say 'Jesus love you' but if you want it to truly make an impact, then you must show it!"
~Someones Facebook Status

No comments: